Introduction of SWAYAM
Education is a prime element for the progress of any country. ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM), is a joint initiative by Ministry of HumanResource Development (MHRD) and All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), Government of India to provide an integral teaching learning platform in online mode. This covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses. The SWAYAM is a new platform to Indian learner that is complimentary to formal education in India. Anyone can register and study through SWAYAM that means opportunity is being given to everyone.
SWAYAM Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) platform is World’s Largest Online Free E-Learning Platform Portal designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., Access, Equity and Quality. This is done through an indigenous developed IT platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses, taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.
Objectives of SWAYAM
- Proffer best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged group.
- Bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- High quality education will reach to everyone at minimum cost and endeavor by the Government of India.
Benefits of SWAYAM
- For any Indian learner, SWAYAM is absolutely free of cost for learning but some fees is applied in case of certificate.
- The learners who are in Indian University and institutions and cannot get quality teachers SWAYAM is a platformthrough which any of the learners can get easily attached with the best teachers.
- Academicians from hundreds of institutions throughout the country are involved in developing and delivering MOOCs through SWAYAM in almost all disciplines from senior schooling to Post Graduation wherein it is intended to develop world class content.
- Advanced curriculum and professional certification under a unified scheme in higher education domain that can be tailored to meet the demands of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) currently being implemented in India at under graduate level.
- Curricula and courses that can meet the needs of life-long learners.
- Independent courses which may not be part of any set curriculum and may be taught as awareness courses, continuing education programme and for training of specific skill sets.
Steps to register for SWAYAM (Study Web of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) portal
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website, swayam.gov.in.
- Step 2. They need to click “Register” button provided on the top of the homepage.
- Step 3: Now learners have to login. They can login with their social media login (facebook, Google or Microsoft) of they can log in by clicking the “sign up now” option.
- Step 4: On clicking the sign up now link, the given page will appear. Learners now have to provide all the details to create the account.
- Step 5: A verification code will be send to the email ID and they have to click on “Create” button after the entering the names in the required fields.
- Step 6: Learner account on SWAYAM will be created finally.
Note: No fee is charged for any learner. The courses provided under this portal are free of cost. However, learners who want certification after the completion of the course are required to pay a specified amount of fee (which is usually low).
UGC (HRD) sponsored Short Term Courseon MOOCs, e-Content Development and Open Educational Resourceswas attended by Mr. Pratik Kumar Sharma,Assistant Professor, PG Department of Commerce, organized from 19th to 24th August,2019 at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University,Raipur (C.G)
Faculty Development Programme organized at St.Thomas College where Mr. Pratik Kumar Sharma, Assistant Professor, PG Department of Commerce,shared his knowledge while attending workshop on MOOCs, e-Content Development and Open Educational Resourceson 9th September,2019.
Beneficiaries: 70 Faculty members Download PPT
UGC (HRD) sponsored Short Term Course on ARPIT (Annual Refresher Program in Teaching) was attended by Dr. Sonia Popli, Dr. Shabnam Khan and Dr. Jyotsna Gadpayle , Assistant Professors, Department of Education ,organized from 3rd to 8th February, 2020 at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University,Raipur(C.G).
A workshop on “Why MOOCs is necessary”was organized on 4th March,2020. Dr. A.K.Gupta(Director of HRDC) and Dr. Arvind Agrawal (Assistant Director.HRDC), Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University,Raipur conducted the workshop.
Beneficiaries: Approximately 100 students and 38 faculty members
Faculty Development Programme was organized for the faculty of the College where Dr. Sonia Popli, Dr. Shabnam Khan, Dr. Jyotsna Gadpayle, Department of Education gave presentations on E-Learning, Guidelines for Developing MOOCs and Making of presentable presenter respectively on 11,March, 2020
Beneficiaries: 65 faculty members
Workshop conducted by Mr. Pratik Kumar Sharma, Assistant Professor, PG Department of Commerce, on SWAYAM: Guidelines and How to enroll in Online Courses on 13th March,2020.
Beneficiaries: 46 students of Department of Management Studies
Students enrolled: Date of enrollment: 16th March, 2020
|1.||Anushka Jena||BBA II SEMESTER||Statistics for Business Economics|
|2.||PurwashaSurojiya||BBA II SEMESTER||Statistics for Business Economics, Sr. Secondary: Mathematics (311), Secondary: Mathematics (211)|
|3.||Rani Niharika||BBA IV SEMESTER||Financial Management|
|4.||Rahul Kange||BBA IV SEMESTER||Financial Management|
|5.||Shivkumar Sinha||BBA IV SEMESTER||Financial Management|
|6.||P. Haney||BBA VI SEMESTER||Direct Taxes: Laws and Practices|
New Ruabandha Sector, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh ,490006
For Admission Call:+91 788 2275970
- हेमचंद यादव विश्वविद्यालय स्तरीय वेबीनार स्पर्धा में सेंट थॉमस महाविद्यालय को तीसरा स्थानJuly 7, 2020 - 6:35 am
- Patron’s Day CelebratedJuly 4, 2020 - 8:12 am
- मनोविज्ञान विभाग ने अंतर्राष्ट्रीय वेबिनार का किया आयोजनJuly 3, 2020 - 8:16 am
- E-LECTURE ON Challenges and Opportunities in Higher Education during POST-COVID-19July 2, 2020 - 11:52 am