According to the UGC Regulations 2018, Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted in the college to deal with all types of grievances, complaints and malpractices with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
About the Cell:
The cell functions to look into the grievances lodged by any student, faculty and other stakeholders and redress it as per requirement. The students can state their grievance regarding any academic and non-academic matter within the campus through the online and grievance/suggestion box. The GRC has been developed to settle the grievances of the students and other stakeholders within a reasonable time period for strengthening the bond of the students with the institution by providing them with all kind of facilities to a satisfactory level for maintaining a convenient ambience of academic teaching and learning.
The GRC of the college desires to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment with the aim-
- To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- To help students to record their complaints related to academics, resources and personal grievances freely and frankly without any fear of victimization.
- To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules is brought to the notice of the principal.
- To support students if any, who have been deprived of the services offered by the college, for which he/ she is entitled.
The cell will deal with grievances received in writing from the students about the following matters-
- Academic Matters-Related to timely issue of mark-sheets, Transfer Certificate and other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters-Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Non-academic Matters-Related to certain misgivings about conditions of college, sanitations, victimization by teachers etc.
Mechanism of the GRC:
- GRC shall consider only individual grievances of specific nature of students, staff and other stakeholders.
- The GRC shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature raised collectively by more than one employee/student.
- Post receipt of the complaint/application the committee will decide on the merit of the case regarding scope of further discussion or investigation and act promptly in a strictly confidential manner.
- GRC shall consider redressing of grievances within a reasonable time of the cases attended to and seek guidance from higher authorities if required.
- Final report based on grievance received and resolved will be submitted to the principal and further course of action will be decided and the same shall be intimated to the concerned person.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students, staff and other stakeholders can lodge their grievance through online mechanism as provided in the college website: stthomascollegebhilai.in through the cells email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- The students may feel free to drop the writing in the grievance/ suggestion box who want to remain anonymous.
- The person concerned can personally approach any member of the cell and write an application and submit to cell convener for grievances of any sort.
- The grievance redressal cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
Steering Committee Members:
According to the UGC (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2018 the Grievance Redressal Committee of the college is constituted with the following members:
||Dr. M.G Roymon
||Dr. Mariam Jacob
||Associate Professor, & Head Dept. of Economics
||Dr. Sheeja Varkey
||Assistant Professor &
Addl. Head Dept. of Commerce
||Dr. Suja Varghese
||Assistant Professor & Head
Dept. of Math’s & Computer Science
||Dr. Ujjwala Supe
Dept. of Microbiology & Biotechnology
||Mr. Kailash Narayan Verma
||Mrs. Deepti Santosh
Dept. of Education