- 7 day Computer Training for Non-Teaching Staff of the college , Date: June 22, 2015,
Conducted by PG Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- 1 day Orientation of New and ADHOC Teaching Faculty. Date: August 6, 2015. Conducted by Dr. Vinita Thomas, IQAC Coordinator.
- 2 day workshop for Office Staff . Date: October 5 and 6, 2015
Mr. Bhanu Murthy Kota, DGM, HR, Bhilai Steel Plant
Mr. Jacob Kurian, DGM, L and A, Bhilai Steel Plant
- “Learning With Fun” in St. Thomas College for students of Class IV and V of Govt.
Middle School, Ruabandha.
Date: October 22 to 24, 2015
Conducted by: P.G. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Gyaandaan, a special teaching assistance programme is given for weak students at Govt. Primary School, Ruabandha, Bhilai, twice a week throughout the year.
- Dental check-up was organised by the B. Ed students on 3rd November 2015 at St. Thomas School, Risali . More than 200 students were benefited by the check-up.
- 1 day orientation to the introduction of Choice Based Credit System by the Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Date: December 12, 2015
Resource Person: Prof. A.K. Pati, Director IQAC and NCNR, Pt. Ravishankar
Shukla University, Raipur
- 1 day workshop on Use of Electronic Resources.
Date: May 11, 2016
Dr. S. Senpati, Chief Librarian, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Dr. Mh. Imtiaz Ahmed, Asst. Librarian, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Need Based Service
As per the directives issued by Durg ollectorate regarding upgradation of quality of education in government schools of the district the post graduate students of Botany organised a need based community service from 5th October – 17th October, 2015 to meet needs of school children in Government Higher Secondary School, Ruabandha, Bhilai under the guidance of the faculty members. Looking into the problem of inadequate teachers faced by the school, 65 students of UG and PG rendered services by teaching Mathematics, English, Social Science, Science and Environmental Science.
Students of class IX, X and XII were benefitted by their service.
- Anand Marg Orphanage Smriti Nagar, Bhilai
Date: September 16, 2015
Visited by P.G. Department of English
- Bhagat Singh Ashram, Khursipar
Date: October 31, 2015.
Visited by P.G. Department of Botany
Visit to Ashram:
- Mother Teresa Ashram situated in Vaishali Nagar, Bhilai
Date: 16thOctober 2015
Visited By Department of Education
- Sneha Sampada Ashram, Bhilai
Date: December, 2015
Visited by Department of Psychology
- Blood donation camp was organised in the college premisesin collaboration with Skandashram and Model Blood Bank, Raipur. 113 volunteers from among students, Faculty and staff members registered their names for blood donation.
- Students assisted the administrative work at Pragati School, a school for Special Children , Date: December, 2015, Visited by Department of Psychology
- Health and Hygiene: Awareness was created asstudents performed various events such as skit and displaying posters. They also motivated the students through interactive ways. There were total 15 students of who participated in the awareness program held at Government Primary School, Ruabandha.
Conducted by : P.G. Department of Economics
- Social Issue on “Selfie” A skit was presented about the ill practices taking places in the society due to the new selfie era.
Conducted by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication