Caste Based Discrimination Online Grievance Form
Online Grievance Form
Grievance Redressal Cell
The college has a Grievance Redressal Cell to redress the grievance of its stakeholders. The students approach the cell to voice their grievances regarding academic matters, administrative matters, health services, library and other services. To prevent caste based discrimination the institution has constituted a separate cell. Student can convey their grievances to the Principal through online grievance form, email or a note in the complaint box located near the Principal’s office. Students can also give their complaints in writing to any member of the committee. The cell redresses the grievances by sorting out the problems promptly and judiciously resulting in a pleasant ambience and good work culture with an inbuilt goodwill and mutual understanding among the stakeholders.
The cell deals with grievances received from the students and staff about any of the following matters.
- Academic matters:-Resolved by Academic Council
- Financial and Infrastructure matters:- Resolved by Management
- Accommodation Matters:- Resolved by the Chief Hostel Warden
The final responsibility for grievance redressal rests with the Principal of the college.
Matters related to staff’s grievances are amicably dealt by the Management
Grievance Redressal Cell 2019-20 of St. Thomas College, Bhilai is constituted as under:
- Mariam Jacob – Convenor
- Ashok Kumar Mishra – Co-convenor
- James Mathew
- Ujjwala Supe
- Deepti Santosh
- Sonia Popli
- Shabnam Khan
- Aditi Acharya
Few of the grievances redressed in the last two years are
- Special fees was removed from the fee structure
- Increased the number of books in the book bank section of the central library
- Parking for staff separated from the student parking place
- Improvement of food quality and pricing in the canteen
- Number of plug points increased in the girls hostel
- Tutorial classes arranged for girls in the hostel.
- Addition of new classrooms
- Gymnasium work in progress