Amit Kumar Tamrakar
M.Sc., M.Phil, SET
Mobile No.: +919755971173
- Worked as Observatory Support Staff at IUCAA Girawali Observatory, IUCAA, Pune (M.H.). There I had experience of Operating and taking photometric, spectroscopic and polarimetric observations using 2m Optical Telescope during Dec2009 – Dec2010.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE: UG 8 years; PG 5 years
- Assistant Professor (Contract) at Pragati College, Raipur during Aug 2012 – May 2013.
- Lecturer at Chhattisgarh Engineering College, Dhanora, Durg during Aug 2013 – May 2014.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) at Kalyan PG College, Bhilai Aug 2014 – Sept 2017.
- Assistant Professor (Guest) at Center for Basic Sciences, Pt. R. S. U., Raipur. Oct 2017 – Apr 2018.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) at Kalyan PG College, Bhilai Jul 2018 – May 2019.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) under Statue-28 at St. Thomas College, Bhilai Aug 2019-Jan 2020.
- Assistant Professor under Statue-28 at St. Thomas College, Bhilai; Jan 2020 till date.
CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS (ABSTRACT)
- Amit Kumar Tamrakar, S. K. Pandey, N.K. Chakradhari and Sheetal Sahu “Spectroscopic Study of some E/S0 galaxies using SDSS DR7 data”, ASI conference series, Volume 9, 124.
- “Multiwavelength Photometric study of a sample of radio loud early-type galaxies.”; awarded as 2nd Best Poster presentation in the National Conference on Signal Processing, Sustainable Energy Materials and Astronomy & Astrophysics (NSSEMA-2017), R.S.U., Raipur (C.G.) during March 28-30, 2017.
- “Spectroscopic Study of some E/S0 galaxies using SDSS DR7 data” on 31st Astronomical Society of India (ASI) Meeting 2013 held by ISSER and IIST, Kerala during 20-22 Feb, 2013.
- “Applications of Quantum Heterostructures” in National Conference on Recent Advances in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology “NCRAT 2009” at Shri Shankaracharya College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai, (C.G.).
INVITED LECTURES etc.;
- Invited to give a lecture in the National workshop on Novel Materials and Medical Imaging Phosphors at Govt. V.Y.T.P.G. Auto. College, Durg on “TELESCOPES (The Big Eyes)” on 30th January 2020.
- Invited as Judge for the Inter school Debate Competition on 15th Nov 2019 at MGM Senior Secondary School, Sec-06, Bhilai.
PARTICIPATED IN WORKSHOPS
- Participated in The International School for Young Astronomers (ISYA 2016) held in School of Astronomy, Institute for Research in Fundamental Science (IPM) Tehran, IRAN during 21August – 8 September 2016 and delivered a Short talk based on the project.
- “Workshop on Developing Astronomy Themed Experiments” for Colleges/Universities at UG/PG, held during June18-20, 2019 at IUCAA, Pune.
- Workshop on Materials Modeling for Device Application held at Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus-SSGI, Bhilai from Feb 18-23, 2019 Under TEQIP-III.
- National Workshop for Master Trainers on Zero Shadow Day at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, held on April, 21st -22nd 2018 jointly organized by Chhattisgarh Vigyan Sabha and PRSU Raipur with the support of Astronomical Society of India and Vigyan Prasar, DST, GOI.
- “Franco-Indian Astronomy School from Re-Ionization to Large Scale Structure – A multi-wavelength approach”, from 11th-17th February 2018, held at IUCAA, Pune.
- NPTEL Awareness Workshop at Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus, Bhilai on 17/01/2017.
- Solar Training Program conducted by kWatt Solutions at Govt. V. Y. T. P. G. Auto. College, Durg on 19-20th March 2016.
- National workshop on General Relativity and Cosmology, during 8th–9th Feb 2016, organised by Dept. of Mathematics, Kalyan P.G. College, Bhilai Nagar.
- National Workshop on Astronomy with Small Telescopes jointly organised by IUCAA, Pune and Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University (SRTMU) Nanded, during December 8th-11th , 2015 at SRTMU, Nanded (M.H.).
- Workshop on Galaxies and Cosmology at the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the TIFR, Pune (M.H.) from July 7th-18th,
- Two days Workshop on “Experimental Physics” organized by the CSVTU, Bhilai at Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai under the auspices of Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) on January 13-14th 2014.
- One day workshop on Materials Modelling during 5th National Symposium for Materials Research Scholars (MR13) held at Department of Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science, IIT Bombay on 8th May 2013
- 3 day workshop on “Mathematical Methods & Astronomy (WMMA 2013)” conducted by IUCAA and Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad, during February 7th-9th , 2013 at ISM, Dhanbad (Jharkhand).
- 3 day workshop on “Science using Optical Spectra” conducted under the joint auspices of IUCAA Node for Astronomy and Astrophysics Development, Newman College, Thodupuzha, Kerala & IUCAA Resource Centre, Kochi held during 6th-8th Sept, 2012 at MACFAST, Tiruvalla, Kerala.
- Resource Person in the “State Level Training Program on Transit of Venus-2012” catalyzed by National Council of Science & Technology Communication, Department of Science & Technology, GOI and organized by CGCOST at Govt. Nagarjuna P.G. College of Science, Raipur on 01st June 2012.
- International Workshop on Advanced Material Science and Astrophysics (IWAMA-2012) as a Local Organizing Committee (LOC) Member at SOS in Physics and Astrophysics, jointly organized by Pt. R. S. University, Raipur and Michigan Tech University, USA during 19th-21st Feb, 2012.
- Workshop on Multi-wavelength Astronomy with ASTROSAT organized by ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore & Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram during January 9th-12th , 2012.
- National Workshop on “Galaxies: Normal & Active” held atR.T.M. University, Nanded (M.H.) during November 14-17, 2011.
- One day Acquaintance Program of IUAC, New Delhi (July 20th, 2007), at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, (C.G.).
- Summer School Program (2006) on Astronomy and Astrophysics at Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune (M.H.).
- Presented a paper “The world of Exoplanets” on National Seminar on SCIENCE: TRAVERSING THE TIMELINE at Govt. Chandulal Chandrakar Arts & Science College, Patan on 20th November, 2019.
- 30th Astronomical Society of India (ASI) Meeting 2013 held by ISSER and IIST, Kerala during 20th-22nd Feb, 2013.
- 29th Astronomical Society of India (ASI) Meeting 2011 at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, (C.G.) as LOC member.
- YOUNG ASTRONOMERS MEET (YAM) 2009 at IIT Kharagpur, (WB)
- Silver Jubilee International Conference, Interdisciplinary Approaches in Physical Sciences, Growing Trends & Recent Advances “CONIAPS-X 2008” (January 12-14, 2008) organized by Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur (C.G.).
- National level Technical Conference “Technovision2007” (October 26-27, 2007) at Shri Shankaracharya College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai.
SCIENCE POPULARIZATION ACTIVITIES:
- Involved in the Sky Gazing activities on 9th May 2016, the Transit of Mercury, 6th June 2012, the Transit of Venus, watching for the public at our University campus using 6”, 8” and 14”
Dr. Jyoti Bakshi
Highlights of Achievement
Principal Investigator of a Minor Research Project funded by University Grants Commission [UGC], New Delhi, India 2008-2010
- Comparative study of enzyme dehydrogenase activity inCicer arietinum and Arachishypogea.Current Research in Science and Technology2013 pp 16-17.Praveen Jain, Meenakshi Bharadwaj and Jyoti Bakshi.
- Impairment of Scavenging Enzymes mediated Seed Ageing in Jamun (Syzygiumcuminii) seed. International Journal of Life Sciences Research ISSN 2348-3148 (online) April – June 2019Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp: (18-25), Jyoti Bakshi1, S.C. Naithani2,
- Membrane Perturbations in ageing Jamun (Syzygiumcuminii) Seeds. International Journal of Scientific Research and Review 2279-0543 (Online) Jyoti Bakshi April – June 2019
Orientation programme, 28.01.11.to 24.02.11, Academic Staff College, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur.
Seminars, Symposiums and Workshops
|1.||National Seminar on
“Botanical Researches: Present Scenario and Future Prospects”
|Department of Botany
Govt. College of Science
Raipur C.G. India
29th -30th 2008
|Presented a paper|
|2.||National Conference on
“Advances in Biological
|School of Life Sciences, Pt. RSU, Raipur, Chhattisgarh|| November
5th -7th, 2011
|Presented a paper|
“Plant Science in Post genomic Era
|School of Life Sciences,
17th -19th, 2011
|Presented a paper|
On “Recent Advances in Biological Sciences”
|School of Life Sciences
Pt. Ravi ShankarShukla University, Raipur
25th -27th, 2013
|Presented a paper|
|5.||Workshop on “Discovery of
Potential bioactive compound from Local botanical resources –invitro studies to drug designing”.
|St. Thomas College, Bhilai
|6.||Workshop on “Participative Training Methodology”||St. Thomas College, Bhilai
|7.||Workshop on Electronic Herbarium: Digital Database of Dicot Plants||Conducted by
Prof. T. Shrinivasu Department of Botany, RTM University, Nagpur (MH)
|8.||FDP on Innovative Methods||Conducted by Kalinga University, Raipur||2019||Attended|
|9.||FDP on Research Based Pedagogical Tools||Conducted by ITM University, Raipur||2019||Attended|