Dr. Shiny Mendonce
Associate Professor & Head of the Department
Area of Specialization
Thesis Topic for PhD: “The Curse of Being Eve a Study of Manju Kapur’s Novels”
Dissertation Topic for M.Phil: “A Marxist Approach to Mulk Raj Anand’s Coolie and Untouchable”
- Invited as resource person at Natwarlal Maniklal Dalal Mahavidyalaya of Arts, Commerce, Law and Management, Gondia for the ugc sponsored national seminar on “The Feminine Voice in Modern Indian Fiction in English”.
- Participated two 3-week Refresher Course at UGC-Academic Staff College , RAVISHANKAR SHUKLA UNIVERSITY, RAIPUR, CHHATTISGARH.
- Attended and presented papers in four international seminars.
- Attended one national level and two state level workshops.
- Attended and presented papers in thirteen national level seminars.
- Invited as an subject expert for teachers recruitment in MGM Senior secondary school
- Invited as a judge for Debate competition
- International Seminar “Confluence” on Teaching and Learning of ESL in Technical Education: Overcoming the Odds. (2011-12): Paper Published on the Topic – Innovative Approach to Text Comprehension. (page no.493-495) in The Confluence Journal – ISSN2250-138 X,Vol III.
- Third Annual International Seminar on “Teaching on ESL: A Global Perspective.” (2012-13): Paper presented on the Topic – Tools and Techniques of Enhancing Personality through Proper Pronunciation. (page no. 237-241): Published in The Confluence Journal – ISSN2250-138 X, Vol III.
- International Seminar on “Dynamics of 21st Century Communication” (2012-13) : Paper presented on the Topic – Holding Business Communication through proper Channel : Published in the international research journal Lab to Land. (ISSN No. 0975 – 282 X) Vol IV, No. 15.
Convenor/ Member of Cells in the College
- Asst. Coordinator of IQAC
- Convenor of Women Cell
- Professor Incharge Student Union Council – 2018-19
- Member of Discipline Committee
- Member of Cultural cell
- Member of Counseling cell
- Member of the committee for prevention of Sexual Harassment
Dr. Sujata Koley
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT TAUGHT:
Indian writing in English, American literature, modernist literature, and functional grammar.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED:
(a) Paper Published in -A Research Journal of English Studies and Culture Literati.
Topic – The Female Protagonists on Anita Desai’s Novels: Existence and Transcendence.(ISSN 0973-1473 Vol:IX) (Page no117- 123)
(b) International Seminar “Confluence” on Teaching and Learning of ESL in Technical Education: Overcoming the Odds. (2011-12)
Paper presented on the Topic – Synthesis : Text Comprehension Expressions. Innovative Approach to Text Comprehension. ISSN2250-138 X,Vol III.
(c)International Seminar on “Dynamics of 21st Century Communication” (2012-13)Paper presented on the Topic– Holding Business Communication through proper channel.Published in the international research journal Lab to Land. (ISSN No. 0975 – 282 X ) Vol IV, No. 15.( Page No.590-593)
(d) National seminar on Quality Enhancement in Higher Education through Curriculum Development (2015-16)
Paper presented on the topic ‘Curriculum change and innovation.’ Published in – An international referred journal – Research Link (ISSN No. 0973-1628, Issue -141-A , Vol-XIV (10), Impact factor 2.782.(82-84)
- Attended 4 state level workshops on various topics (enhancement of communication skills, advance features of M.S. Office, working women social and economic challenges, and communication skills
- Attended two refresher courses of 21 days at PTRSU, Raipur.
- Attended one orientation course of 30 days at PTRSU, Raipur.
- Worked as an IQAC coordinator from the year 2010 to 2014.
- Worked as an training and placement officer from the year 2011-14
- Received Best Teacher Award from Chief Minister Chhattisgarh in 2007 and 2010
1. Handling/Coordinating various committee/task/member as assigned by the department.
2. Routine work and coordinator for various activities and events.
- Invited as Resource Person on 24th February 2015 at BTI to train the BSP teachers on the topic Creative Writing.
- Invited as a judge for Debate competition.
Mrs. Susan Ebison
- One day workshop on Strategies in the Development in Reading and Writing Skills in St. Thomas College, Bhilai. (19th September 2012)
- Two days workshop on Research Methodology, in St. Thomas College, Bhilai. (17-18 Jan 2012)
- Two days UGC sponsored State Level workshop on Enhancement of English. Communication Skills in Govt. V.Y.T.PG Autonomous College, Durg,Chhattisgarh. ( 2-3 Feb 2013)
National Seminars attended:
- Two days National Seminar on Feminism In India:Emerging Trends And Issues held at Shri ShankaracharyaMahavidhylaya, Bhilai. And presented a paper on the topic Feminism In Arundhati Roy’s ‘The God Of Small Things’.( 4-5 March 2012)
- Two days National seminar on Status of Languages In Higher Education In The Present Scenarioheld atBhilaiMahilaMahavidhyala. And presented a paper on the topic Barriers of English Language Teaching.( 24-25 January 2017)
International Seminar attended:
- Two days International seminar on Dynamics Of 21st Century Communication held at Swami Shri SwaroopanandSarawatiMahavidhyala, Bhilai. And presented a paper entitled Effective Methods Of Communication To The Present Era. (19 -20th December 2012)
- One paper published in an International research Journal “Lab To Land” on the topic Effective Methods Of Communication To The Present Era. ISSN No: 0975-282X, Vol 04, no.15, July-september 2012.
- Member of Sports Committee
- Member of Alumni Association
- Member of Women Cell
- Member of library Committee