Committee for Promotion of Research Activities (COPRA)
The Committee for Promotion of Research Activities (COPRA) is a skill based committee formed to determine the direction and priorities of research supported by the college through strategic planning. During the last five years the committee has progressed and its growth is apparent in various respects such as recognition as research guides, obtaining research grants, developing collaborations, substantial number of paper publication & presentation, awards, earning distinctions like invitations for being chairpersons, resource persons, subject experts etc.
The Committee for Promotion of Research Activities is functioning in the college for attainment of the following objective:
- To build research capacity, promote productivity and disseminate the information by publication and application thus increasing the quality and quantity of research in the field of Arts, Commerce, Education, Science and Management Studies.
- Four faculty members are PhD Guides .
|Sr. No.||Name of PhD Guides||Subject|
|1||Dr. M. G. Roymon||Microbiology|
|2||Dr. Ashok Kumar Mishra||Commerce|
|3||Dr. Sonia Popli||Education|
- These 4 faculties cumulatively have 18 scholars registered under them.
- 16 teachers have completed their PhD during the last 5 years and 11 more are enrolled for the doctoral degree.
- 17 faculty members have received funds from UGC and CCOST for Minor Research Projects in the last five years.
- 108 papers are published in International Journals and 84 papers in National Journals in the last five years .
- The college has collaborations with 2 National and 2 International institutions and has established linkages with various institutes in the last five years .
The Committee for Promotion of Research Activity 2018-19 of St. Thomas College, Bhilai is constituted as under:
- Ashok Kumar Mishra – Convenor
- Sonia Popli – Co-convenor
- James Mathew
- Suja Varghese
- Sheeja Varkey
- Ujjwala Supe
- Ashish Kumar Bhui
- Aparna Gosh
- Smita Suresh Daniel
- Shubha Diwan
- Sumita Singh
- Prateek Chatterjee
- WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH METHODOLOGY – ” STATISTICS AND USE OF SPSS “
Hands on Session with SPSS The COPRA TEAM with Dr. D.N Sansanwal
RESEARCH PROJECT REPORTS 2107
- Dr . Joyamma John ( Department of Zoology) Report 1Hypoglycemic effect pdf_