The Alumni Association of St. Thomas College is a vibrant body which gives an excellent opportunity to old students and the College to be in contact with each other. The objective of the Association is to keep track of old students and provide them with a forum wherein they can share experiences of their professional and personal lives. St. Thomas College is a family and when students leave the college and step out into the world, they continue to be the members of this family. The Association ensures that this extended family always remains together in spirit.
Old students are requested to register themselves in the Alumni Association. They can either download the Registration form online or collect it from the College office. For further details, they can contact the Office Bearers of Alumni Association.
The College maintains contact with its alumni through an active Alumni Association. It is a matter of pride that many of our students have earned distinctions and achieved eminence in various fields and still continue to cherish their bonds with the institution.
- To foster and strengthen bonds with the College and have continued concern for its welfare.
- To promote the aims and ideals of the institution as spelled out in College prospectus and other relevant publications.
- To encourage, develop and maintain academic and social traditions unique to STC.
- To extend support towards scholarship, academic excellence and collaborative projects of the College.
- To partner up with student life and design opportunities for students in training and placements
- To initiate scientific, professional, social and cultural programmes for the College thus improving its public image.
- To participate actively in Human Resource Development activities.
- To communicate with the authorities of the College on matters of mutual interest.
- To devise ways and means to fund the activities of Alumni.
- To generate a Brain Bank of the professionals from among its members and provide services for the benefit of the Alumni and the society.
The College Alumni Committee for the academic year 2017-2018 is constituted as under:
- Dr. Chanda Verma – Co-ordinator – ( Phone – 09406241071, mail id – email@example.com)
- Dr. Jyoti Bakshi – Asst. Co-ordinator
- Mrs. Ritu Biswas
- Mr. Kailash Narayan Verma
- Mrs. Deepti Santosh
- Mrs. Shabnam Khan
- Mrs. Seril Saji
- Mrs. Susan Ebison
- Mr. Laxman Prasad
- Mrs. Sunita Kshatriya
- Mr. Sandeep Bhawnani
- Ms. Preeti Jain
- Mr. Prateek Kumar Sharma
St. Thomas College Alumni Association – Alumni Meet Report-2016-17
Prologue : The year 2016 has been an eventful year for Alumni of St. Thomas College, Bhilai (STC). STC was born in year 1984 and was the premier English medium college in the region. The first batch of this alma mater emerged in the year 1986. Here, at this point of time, the saga of STC alumni started to unfold. This year’s alumni meet was a milestone achieved by Alumni Association in three decades.
Venue: On 23rd December, 2016 evening the St. Thomas College Alumni Association (STCAA) organized the meet at the conference hall of the College.
Participants: 79 alumni from various batches and disciplines attended the meet.
Meeting: The meeting started with the college prayer. Principal Dr. M. G. Roymon during the welcome address expressed his sincere thanks to all the alumni for coming from various parts of the world to participate in the meet. This was followed by the message from the Administrator Rev Fr. Gee Varghese Ramban. He enumerated on the roles the alumni could perform for improving the work culture of the institution and wished the Alumni group great rejoicing and bonhomie during the meet. He also congratulated the STCAA for the hard work put in to organize a successful event.
Highlights of the evening:
The address by Dr. Vinita Thomas, one of the founder teachers, IQAC Coordinator of the College and Head of the P. G. Department of Botany brought out complete ethos of a proud teacher feeling elated at her pupils achieving laurels and serving the society in their highest capacity.
She introduced the alumni from pioneer batches of 1986 and 1987 and relived the memories of the early years. She conducted a meeting with the alumni in which following topics were discussed:
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the Alumni Association
- Increasing the alumni connectivity/affinity and sense of pride
- Forging a bond amongst the Alumni in the city
- Helping the Institute in building STC brand.
- Support in providing holistic education to students.
- Strengthening the ties of goodwill & communication with the institution
Two alumni expressed their views in the session:
- Mr. Rajnish Narayan Batch 1986: Digital Marketing Strategist and Trainer with Google currently in Toronto Canada. He shared his fond memories associated with College and the teachers. He promised to keep in touch and never miss any reunion after enjoying the gala affair.
- Mr. T.S. Mahalingam Batch 1987: Circle Head, HDFC Bank, Hyderabad, Telengana. He was very happy to share his memories of the college and introduced his batch mates who accompanied him for the meet.
A photography competition was organized by the association wherein 24 alumni participated & winners were declared in two categories of Just Natural and Roadscapes. The results were as follows:
Category: Just Natural
Prize I Mr. Mayank Sharma Batch 2007
Ms. Neha Verma Batch 2013
Prize II Mr. Hitesh Tikaria Batch 2011
Prize I Mr. Adarsh Paul
Mr. Anuj Sharma Batch 2005
Prize II Mr. Rajnish Narayan Batch 1986
The third category was Reconnected which enabled in treasuring the fondest memories of years gone by. Both staff & alumni members participated in the competition.
Mr. Bittu Gopinathan: Batch 1993 GM Sales- Marketing Al Safeer Group of Company, Sharjah sponsored the prizes for the photography competition. All the photographs received for the competition and in Reconnected section were presented in the programme.
A musical programme was organized Alumnus Mr. Kunal Kaushal (Batch 1993), Country Head Orion Security Solutions Private Limited, Mumbai and other members of the alumni namely S Sajeev, Sharmila Dutta, Sharmishta & Rishabh Kant. The evening was enjoyable & the melody of old songs kept the audience engaged. The musical programme was sponsored by S. Sajeev (Batch 1993).
Dr. Chanda Verma, Convenor of STCAA and Associate Professor, P.G. Department of Chemistry proposed the vote of thanks to all the ex-students who felt drawn to meet on their home ground. The Alumni Association of the College had put in all efforts to make it a successful event by intimating,welcoming & cherishing the birds who took flight from STC’s nest. Feedback and suggestions were sought from the alumni members regarding their experience of the reunion and future plans & activities. Everyone appreciated the efforts by the STCAA in organizing the Alumni Meet, 2016 and resolved to meet again during Dusherra or Diwali holidays of 2017 while promising to contact those who could not attend the function this time.
The programme was successfully conducted by Mrs Deepti Santosh, Assistant Professor, Department of Education.
The Alumni Association is hopeful to organize such structured activities with the support and guidance of the management, all the departmental coordinators and staff members those who directly or indirectly made the STCAA 2016 Meet a success. It is moving ahead with selfless intentions for the growth & development of College students & also the society. It will continue to work towards its vision foe a better tomorrow…
Glimpses of Alumini Meet -December 2016